Sorry for such a late post. I'm absolutely knackered. First of all, I want to thank all of you who emailed me today with questions, support and book suggestions. I really appreciate it!
Quickly, I wanted to draw your attention to a new feature I added to the blog today. Now you can subscribe to this site via the box on the immediate top left of this blog. By simply entering your email you will receive, in your inbox, updates every time I post a new entry. It's fun. It's simple. It's amazingness. So, subscribe! You know you want to!
Now on to more important things.
Breaking Dawn, Book III: Bella
Things I loved:
- First vampire kiss: "Warm - or at least, that was my perception. With the sweet, delicious scent that I'd never been able to really take in with my dull human senses, but that was one hundred percent Edward. I pressed my face into his smooth chest. And then he shifted his weight uncomfortably. Leaned away from my embrace. I stared up at his face, confused and frightened by the rejection. "Um... carefully, Bella.... Ow.".... I stared into his eyes and heard my own voice for the first time. "I love you," I said, but it sounded like singing. My voice rang and shimmered like a bell. His answering smile dazzled me more than it ever had when I was human; I could really see it now. "As I love you," he told me. He took my face between his hands and leaned his face to mine - slow enough to remind me to be careful. He kissed me, soft as a whisper at first, and then suddenly stronger, fiercer.... It was like he'd never kissed me - like this was our first kiss. And, in truth, he'd never kissed me this way before.... Edward chucked and stepped with me, keeping his arms right around my waist. His face was glowing - like a white flame burned from behind his diamond skin... "You've been holding out on me, " I accused in my singing voice, my eyes narrowing a tiny bit.... "It was sort of necessary at the time," he reminded me. "Now it's your turn to not break me."
That's a long passage, but oh so good! Finally a non-chaste kiss! Edward's only been waiting some 108 years for it, but who's counting...
- "Bella, you have never been merely pretty." I love you, Edward. I do. Le sigh.
Things I hated:
- Can Bella stop referring to Renesmee as her "little nudger," please? Thanks. ::cringe::
- You know how Jacob refers to Vladimir as "Creeptacular?" Perhaps he should have reserved that name for Renesmee. A newborn baby born with a full compliment of teeth? Creepy. First act towards mother? Bite her. Super creepy. (I'll get back to this creepiness later on.)
- Transformation illogicalness: Bella, who is constantly referred to as being a terrible actress throughout the whole series, suddenly can withstand the pain of being transformed and act quiet? What? Again, just another deviation from character.
- Chagrin is a word permanently banned from Meyer's vocabulary. Seriously. No more chagrin! For the love of God!
- Ok. Here's my double edged sword. I hate that Bella was free of the usual newborn vampire qualities. She immediately wanted Edward, she can control her thirst, etc. However, I also love that she and Edward can have that love despite her renovations. So, honestly, I don't know which I feel more passionately about.... love or hate. It's a bit of a mix at the moment.
- It kind of bothered me that Jasper's scars were so prominent now. Not that I have anything against scars, but something about the way she described them... I don't know. It just stirred something strange deep inside.
- Page 403. Edward calls Alice out for her "voyeuristic gratification." So let me get this right. Alice forgets to show Bella how she looks in her wedding gown, but suddenly remembers to get a mirror in the room once Bella turns into a vampire? Not only does Alice remember, but she refuses to let Edward and Bella go hunt until Bella sees her face for the first time in a mirror. Alice even goes as far as carrying a mirror twice as wide as her into the room, so as to get the full effect. Wow, we must be talking about two different Alice's... Memory-loss-Alice and Instant-gratification-Alice. Meyer says: you get to choose, today! Two for the money!
Ok guys, sorry but I'm going to cut this short and post the rest of my review + play list tomorrow. Hope you've liked it thus far!
Here's a slide show of some drawings I found online. Enjoy!